The PCAD project comprised the conversion of a 1913 tobacco warehouse into new student housing. The conversion involved an extensive modification to the open plan to provide all of the modern necessities and conveniences. A central staircase was installed, providing access to two apartments on each of the three floors. The defining features of the historic building were celebrated, preserved and maintained, including the wonderful brick walls that remain exposed throughout, as well as the heavy wood beams and columns typical of tobacco warehouses in the City. The main living spaces, kitchens, living rooms and bedrooms all have high ceilings and large windows, creating a generous sense of space within the compact units. The original wood floors were patched, restored, and refinished with care, providing additional character and warmth.