This project included the construction of a 4,200 sf ‘wing’ to the front of the existing Berman Museum of Art. The addition features a magnificent curved glass atrium, visible from the main lawn in front of the College, that now houses a formal exhibition gallery and education spaces for the Museum’s permanent collection. The addition also provides areas for an art library, sculpture gallery, print rooms, a smart classroom with fixed seating, and office space. Additionally, seven state of the art, climate-controlled and light-regulated open storage vitrines will house over half of the museum’s items and archives. The terrace above the expansion incorporates a green roof and holds an Outdoor Sculpture Garden. Also included in the project were minor interior renovations to the existing restrooms and basement. The historic stone building was originally constructed in 1921 as the Alumni Memorial Library.
Architect: Towers and Miller Architect